Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Northern CA Coast

On Sunday I met up with friend and Steelhead guide Josh Schwartz for my inaugural CA coast Steelhead trip.
As always my hopes were high, why else would I get up at 1:30 in the morning in order to be on the water 6 hours later?
After going 0 for 1 (Josh, not me) by noon I started to think..."shit, this is a slow day, the conditions are right, the water color is good, Josh knows all the good spots..."


Unfortunately the fishing didn't pick up and we got blanked for the day. But it was well worth the trip to learn another awesome river.
It was also worth it to see Josh use his skill on the oars to show some dick head guide in another boat that low holing us was a bad idea.
We did run into a few guys that were pulling plugs but even those guys only managed a fish or two all day.
At risk of using a cliche, I guess that's just Steelhead fishing...or even better, we should have been there last week.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome photos man.
    That's exactly how the Russian River was last time I went. Perfect Steelie green water... but no fish.... should'ave been there last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Russian is supposed to be really good right now...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Jared! Love that spider web shot. Cool.

    ReplyDelete