Sunday, April 22, 2012

Battenkill River

United Airlines is the worst airline ever. Thats' all I'm gonna say about them.
Last week I had the opportunity to go to Manchester Vermont for work and for a half day we were given time to fish the storied Battenkill river.
The famous Hendrickson mayfly was hatching and I was pretty excited to fish with big size 12 nymphs, dries and emergers but to make a long story short, the fishing was pretty slow.
I managed to hook 3 fish in about 4 hours and only landed one. The first two were small and the last one was a nice 14" brown taken on an olive and black wooly bugger.




Nathan tight to a ...snag.
The river is a nice small to medium sized river that winds through the steep hills of Vermont. I wet waded which was awesome. The day we fished we had a short heat wave and it got up to 85 degrees. It made me miss my ancestral waters of Wisconsin. Now I'm counting the days left in San Francisco even though there is currently no end in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment