Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yuba


Finally made it back to my favorite river after a couple month hiatus. Started fishing around 10am and walked up river from Parks Bar Bridge. There were a couple guys fishing in some of my favorite spots but I picked up fish at every hole. Size 18 red headed stepchild was the most productive fly for the morning.  

Weather was perfect. 85 degrees and sunny.

Took a break at about 1pm and then fished again from 230 - 5. This time I walked down river.
Swung a #16 Birds Nest for 3 nice fish. Lost one of them after a good hard fight.
Hooked up a couple more with a #16 FKA Prince high sticking seams.

Fish ranged from tiny dinks to the biggest that I farmed at probably around 18 inches.

It never fails to surprise me how strong these fish are. The 16 inch fish in the pic below felt like a 20 inch fish in any other river.






No comments:

Post a Comment