Saturday, October 13, 2012

Musky, Carp, Steelhead, Marriage

Yep, I got married exactly two weeks ago today. I feel pretty much the same so let's move on to the fishing.
The week preceding my wedding I went to the Musky capitol of the world, HAYWARD Wisconsin to try and catch a musky, and I caught a goddamn Musky, in fact I caught two Muskellunge, and my brother Carson caught a couple of nice Pike.
My brother bought us a drift boat trip with the Hayward Fly Fishing Company. These are nice guys who knew where we had a shot at some good musky. We drifted the Namekagon river.



The guide wouldn't let us hold the fish. I don't know why but I just thought, fuck it, if that's how you do it than that's fine.

We fished the lake where our cabin was for a few hours over the next couple days and some guys saw some big musky but we didn't catch any more. Just a few small bass and a walleye or two.

When I got back to Madison I did some Carp fishing over by the UW hospital. I didn't catch any Carp but it was a lot of fun.
The picture above is the little inlet from Lake Mendota that i was fishing. There were a lot of carp but the water was really low and clear. I had a few carp turn on my flies but didn't take.

When I got back from the wedding I went with Sebastian up to fish the confluence of the Trinity and the Klamath rivers. The fishing sucked. Not much else to say. We should have gone to the Rogue where everyone is catching nice chrome. Fuck.

1 comment:

  1. Boulder Junction would argue that they are the musky capitol of the world. It says so on the giant town propane tank, right under the huge musky mural painted on it.

    ReplyDelete