Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Mark it 8 Dude!"

I walked up to a guy at work the other day and asked if he needed a hand. As soon as he looked at me I knew it was Smokey!
I immediately said, "were you in the Big Lebowski" and of course he said yes.
He went on to tell me that he's more famous for the 2 minutes he's in that movie than a lifetime of making music. He's a singer songwriter and was in town for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass which is a huge festival here in Golden Gate Park.
He plays with a couple bands, one is called the Wronglers and the other is the Flatlanders.
I was fortunate to be able to shoot the shit with him for quite a while. He came back the next day to shop some more and told me about touring with Bob Dylan which was awesome.
The coolest thing about Jimmy is that he's the most down to earth guy you'd ever hope to meet. A real breath of fresh air to be honest. Sometimes I think there are more assholes in San Francisco than in NYC. Actually I'm positive about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment